The gift of your primary residence or
a vacation home is a unique and meaningful way
to support the Museum.
Is Giving Real Property Right for You?
- Are you or your family in a position, both practically and financially, to give real property to a charity?
- Do you own a highly appreciated piece of real estate that you no longer wish to manage?
- Has your home appreciated well beyond the capital gains exclusion amount? If so, would you like to use your home to earn an income for life without having to pay capital gains tax when it is sold?
- Are you interested in making a future gift of your home that would entitle you to a substantial income tax deduction now and would enable you to continue living in that home for the rest of your life?
- If you are interested in making a real property gift to Internal Lineman Museum and your answer to any of these questions is “yes,” a gift of real estate may be a good option for you.
Gifts of real estate can be extremely satisfying, but they require careful planning. Any gift of real estate must be reviewed and approved through the Museum’s real estate acceptance procedures, which require a donor to provide detailed and specific information about the property.